If you are wondering how to spice up your plain homemade Mac and Cheese recipe with Coffee Creamer? Have searched multiple other recipes to make your Macaroni and Cheese creamy and rich in texture. Then, you have clicked on the right article.
This article will elaborate on how you can add a simple ingredient and make a flavorful dish. We will also explore the possibility of adding Coffee Creamer as a delicious ingredient to make a tasty and creamy Macaroni and Cheese dish.
What is a Coffee Creamer?
Coffee creamer is a non-dairy substitute to add to coffees and teas. It is made with the combination of three main ingredients, water, oil, and sugar.
Creamers have been around since 1950 as a regular milk substitute. But recently they are being paired with Mac and Cheese, a go-to comfort dish. If you are new in the realm of coffee creamers and their addition to certain dishes and are confused. Don’t worry, you are at the right place.
Creamers are available in multiple types such as,
Uses of Coffee Creamers in Day-to-Day Life:
Coffee Creamers have gained popularity over regular dairy milk due to their creaminess and flavor in comparison to dairy milk and other milk substitutes. This is also used for other things such as hot cocoa mix, coffee flavoring, or creamers for coconut water and even in almond milk lattes.
Recently Coffee creamers are being paired with our comfort food Mac and Cheese. However, it might appear absurd at first. But adding it to your Mac and Cheese mixtures will surely shock you. Replace butter and cream with coffee creamer for an extra creamy texture. And, a lot more flavor that will make your dish taste even better.
Recipe for Mac and Cheese with coffee creamer:
Mac and cheese are one of the all-time classic comfort foods. Homemade Mac and Cheese recipes always include regular milk and good quality cheese. But, this time with a dash of twist. It’s easy to make, hearty, and filling, and everyone loves it!
This dish will serve you an amazing and cheesy punch of mac and cheese mixtures. The addition of creamer is for a twist to make the best cheese and macaroni dish.
- 1 cup of elbow macaroni (You can use boxed mac by Kraft Macaroni or any other brand of your choice)
- 3/4 rice milk ( Almond Milk can be used as well)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp of Margarine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or according to your preference)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup to half a cup of powdered creamer ( French vanilla)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Any Shredded Cheddar can work)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp of Yeast
- Pinch of Mustard powder
1. Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain it and set it aside.
2. In a large saucepan, make a roux by adding margarine and butter over medium heat. Melt butter and margarine until a thick paste is formed. Stir in flour and salt, and pepper until the paste is blended equally.
3. Gradually add rice milk, constantly stirring until the mixture comes to a boil. Add the coffee creamer and continue to stir until the mixture thickens.
4. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese until it’s melted. Add cooked macaroni and other spices. Mix until well blended.
5. Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and coat the sauce on top.
This Mac and Cheese recipe is the perfect weeknight meal or potluck dish! The creamer adds a delicious creamy flavor that takes this dish to the next level. Give it a try, and let us know what you think!
Regular Milk Alternatives to Use in Mac and Cheese Recipes:
Everyone has different preferences when it comes to their homemade mac and cheese recipes. But you can always reach out to explore more flavors without using just plain regular milk. Here are a few options to consider from;
- Plain Yogurt
- Whipped Cream
- Evaporated milk
- Sour Cream
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Melted Butter
- Chicken Broth
Which Type of Cheese can be best paired with a Creamer for a Perfect Mac and Cheese?
Everyone has their own best mac and cheese recipes. However, there is always room for innovation. To explore more flavors within your favorite dish, you can pair creamers with sharp cheddar cheese and white cheddar cheese. This will form a finger-licking and best mac and cheese dish.
Sharp cheddar cheese will offer a rich taste to ordinary comfort food making it thick and cheesy while the white cheese will provide richness and a wholesome flavor. If you add more flavor you can add more shredded cheese and reheat mac to blend the flavors together. People who love to add a cheesy twist to their comfort foods can add shredded cheese to their dishes to elevate their texture and taste.
How To Make The Perfect Cup Of Coffee With Creamer?
Other than adding coffee creamer to your Mac and Cheese mixtures, there are tons of ways in which you can utilize your coffee creamer to make a splendid cup of coffee.
Here are a few tips on how you can elevate your basic cup of coffee with creamer and add more flavor:
- Start by heating up your water in a pot on the stove.
- Once the water is hot, add your coffee grounds to the pot.
- Stir the coffee grounds around until they are completely saturated.
- Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add your desired amount of creamer to a cup.
- After the coffee has been brewed, use a strainer to pour it into the cup with the creamer.
Discuss The Health Benefits Of Coffee Creamer:
Creamers are formulated with four main types of protein that help these creamers to have their viscosity and texture. They are one of the best non-dairy options available in the market which not only act as a great substitute but also contain less fat content.
Recent studies also show that the proteins present in Coffee creamers form their viscosity and density. If you are looking for a healthy way to reduce some calories from your diet, you can always go for creamers that are nonflavored and fat free.
Coffee creamers also have low sodium and low fat which is beneficial for your body. Adding creamer to your regular coffee or tea can not only lift its flavor but will also provide you with a better coffee experience than other dairy milk substitutes.
People who are lactose intolerant can trust coffee creamers for their dose of beverages. The much popular Coffee Mate comes in many versions of powdered coffee creamer such as coconut flavor to offer non-dairy substitutes.
Creative Ways To Use Coffee Creamer In Your Cooking:
Other than Macaroni and Cheese, you can pair coffee creamers with tons of other ingredients to spice up your everyday meals. Your dishes will not only taste better but you will be able to enjoy the twists coffee creamers bring to your dishes.
However, the only downside to such pairing is, that if you don’t add coffee creamers correctly to your dishes, you might end up ruining your dish. But don’t worry as we have listed some of the most amazing tips that you can follow to add coffee creamer without ruining your Mac and Cheese or any other dish:
Tips To Maintain a Dish with Coffee Creamer;
1. Make sure that the coffee creamer is cold before adding it to your dish. If it’s hot, it will ruin the texture of the dish.
2. Add the coffee creamer slowly and stir it well. If you add too much at once, it will make the dish too creamy, and it won’t taste as good.
3. Let the dish cool down before serving it. The creamer will be too overpowering if you eat it when it’s still hot.
Follow these tips, and you’ll be able to add creamer to your Mac and Cheese mixture without ruining the dish. Not only will it taste great, but it will also look great.
14 Ways To Use Coffee Creamer in Multiple Mac and Cheese Recipes:
1. Garlic and Herb Coffee Creamer: Add a flavorful kick to your Mac and Cheese with this easy add-in.
2. Chili Cheese Mac: Add a little spice to your meal with this chili cheese Mac recipe.
3. Bacon and Green Onion Mac and Cheese mixture: Take your taste buds for a ride with this delicious bacon and onion Mac and cheese recipe.
4. Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Mac: Add a touch of Mediterranean flair to your next meal with this roasted red pepper goat cheese Mac.
5. Blue Cheese, Cashew Milk, and Walnut Mac: Give your Mac and Cheese dish a nutty crunch with this blue cheese, Cashew Milk, and walnut combo.
6. White Cheddar and Apple Mac: Add a touch of sweetness to your Macaroni and Cheese with this white cheddar and apple recipe.
7. Pumpkin Spice Latte Mac and Mozzarella Cheese: Celebrate fall with this pumpkin spice latte Mac and cheese recipe.
8. Jalapeno Popper Mac: Add a little heat to your next meal with this jalapeno popper Mac recipe with coconut flavor.
9. French Onion Soup Mac: Take your taste buds on a trip to France with this French onion soup-inspired dish.
10. Nutella Swirl Macaroni and Cheese: End your day with a sweet and creamy Nutella swirl Mac and cheese dish.
11. Classic Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup: A classic grilled cheese never goes out of style – perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
12. Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese: The perfect comfort food combo – tomato soup and Grilled cheese.
13. Creamy Potato Soup with Grilled Cheese: Warm up on a cold day with this creamy potato soup and grilled cheese combo.
14. Sausage, Chicken Broth, Pepper, and Onion Grilled Cheese: Take your grilled cheese up a notch with this sausage, pepper, and onion recipe.
Mac N Cheese with Sour Cream:
Often we take mac n cheese as a regular milk and cheese combination that offer creamy and wholesome satisfaction. However, there are multiple twists to add to your boring mac n cheese recipes. Oven-baked mac n cheese is not only easy to make but requires minimum ingredients.
How to make Baked Mac N Cheese:
- In order to make this dish, you first need to cook the macaroni in a pan. After you have cooked them for a good amount of time, drain them and let them cool.
- Now it is time to make a roux on the stovetop, whisk the milk until it gets textured, and removes it from the heat.
- Add Cheese and sour cream and Stir the cheese and sour cream until they are completely mixed.
- Last but not least is to pour the mixture into a casserole dish, You can now add cheese on the top for garnishing, and voila! bake it until it gets brown and fluffy and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Which type of Milk are great substitutes for Creamers?
There are many non-dairy and dairy-based creamers available in the market. This is especially to target a vast majority of consumers. However, there are other much better options available. These options work great for many people who are not lactose intolerant.
These good substitute milk options are;
- Coconut Milk
- Goat Milk
- Soy Milk
- Rice Milk
- Almond Milk
Coconut milk is extracted from mature coconuts and is best for people looking to use dairy products to lose weight and maintain their cholesterol levels. Coconut milk also contains lauric acid which helps in reducing inflammation and supports the immune system. Coconut Milk is used in cooking to make dishes taste amazing and savory for people who love to add dairy products to their diets.
Other than coconut milk and rice milk, goat milk is a great source to support your gut health along with strengthening your body. Soy Milk, on the other hand, maintains our nerve cells and DNA with its Vitamin B enrichment. It is a plant-based option that makes Soy milk useful in getting rid of anemia. Soy Milk contains fatty acids which makes it a good substitute compared to other dairy options.
How Many Types of Plant-based Milk Options are Available for Consumption?
There are many non-dairy and dairy milk substitutes available in the market;
- Rice Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Powdered Milk
- Almond Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Whole Milk
What is Lactose Intolerance?
Lactose is a type of sugar that can easily be found in milk products. Some people are allergic to lactose and can get an upset stomach by consuming dairy products. This happens due to their incapability to produce lactase which is important to digest lactose present in dairy products.
This Condition is commonly coined Lactose intolerance and people who suffer from digestive issues regarding Lactose are called lactose intolerants. People with lactose intolerance who are unable to digest dairy products should avoid,
- Plain Yogurt
- Regular Milk
- Whipping Cream
- Heavy Cream
- High Lactose Cheese
- Whole Milk
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
Low Lactose Options for people with Lactose Intolerance:
- Almond Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Powdered Coffee Creamer
Using Evaporated Milk instead of Creamers in Coffee:
Not many people are familiar with it but using evaporated milk instead of heavy creams or popular creamers such as coffee mate is sufficient to offer you a desired dose of coffee. Evaporated milk lacks sugar which makes it a good replacement for many people searching for less sugary alternatives.
Here is how you can add Evaporated Milk to your Coffee instead of Coffee Mate creamer;
Ingredients for making Coffee with Evaporated Milk;
- Evaporated Milk
- To make a coffee with evaporated Milk, add the milk to a vessel and let it simmer.
- Do not let the milk boil carelessly and stay alert for the warm water in the vessel.
- Keep stirring the milk for 25 minutes and do not let it form tiny lumps
- Once the time is up, your evaporated milk is ready to be mixed with coffee, and enjoy!
Different ways to Use Coffee Creamer in Cooking:
A Coffee creamer can be used in multiple ways to elevate dishes, add a cool ingredient to a drink, and so on. However, not many people know that they can use coffee creamer in more than one way.
We have listed some of the main uses of coffee creamer other than being a milk substitute and making a perfect cup of coffee,
- Using Creamers such as Coffee Mate in Hot Chocolate with regular milk
- In Your Morning Cereals
- Pair Coffee Mate with Waffles
- Make a perfect Mashed Potato dish with Creamers and equal parts of the cheese
- Use Coffee creamer in cake icing
- In your warm soups paired with cream cheese
- Blend them with more Cheese or butter to create your own special spiced whipping cream
Add them to tea with regular milk to make it thicker
Disadvantages of Creamers For Health:
You must be thinking like every other thing with their pros and cons, what must be the disadvantages of creamers on our health. Well, the answer is there are many disadvantages of creamers for health and how they affect our bodies in negative ways.
Creamers are made up of oil, thickness, and sugar which contains unhealthy trans fat that can internally damage your body. Consuming creamers every day with your beverages can cause you to attain a lot of trans fat in your body within no time.
The trans fat can cause you to have an increased cholesterol level, making your heart vulnerable to multiple issues such as strokes or diabetes. Creamers also include artificial colors that are added to enhance the color of your coffee. These colors can be dangerous for health and can cause long-term health concerns.
Creamers contain highly inflammable ingredients in their powdered versions. They can ignite an explosion in no time due to sodium aluminosilicate present in their composition.
Dairy Options to make Your Coffee Creamier
- Whipping Cream
- Heavy Cream
- Butter for making Butter Coffee
- Sour Cream
Tips for Making Thick and Amazing Coffee without Using Creamer:
The thickness of our coffees depends on two main things present in coffee beans, essential oils, and acids. If the coffee beans contain fewer oils they will be more watery and less thick for you to consume.
There are multiple tips to make your coffee amazing and thick such as choosing the correct coffee beans with more essential oils and a perfect brewing method to extract more coffee oils from the beans.
Other than this you can also apply these simple tips to find the right thick consistency in your coffee;
Choosing dark roast beans:
Dark roasted beans have more oil and acids as compared to their other counterparts. To get a thick consistency, you need to brew dark roasted beans in the right manner to extract the oils and acids. These coffee beans are more brittle and can offer a whole more flavored coffee.
Having a brewing method:
Brewing depends on extracting solubles from coffee beans. there are some brewing methods that extract more solubles from coffee beans than others for example the espresso machine is able to extract a lot of solubles from coffee beans as compared to a regular drip maker.
Just like the beans and the brewing method, the ingredients of your coffee can also make a huge impact on its thickness. You need to add ingredients that can increase the viscosity of your coffee. These ingredients can be Milk, Corn Starch, Xanthan Gum, and Creamers.
Choosing Dry Processed coffee beans:
Coffee beans with a dry processing method always contain an increased amount of sugar content which directly makes the coffee thicker and creamier and with a lot of viscosity as compared to coffee beans with a wet processing method.
Using Fresh Coffee Beans in Your Coffee:
Fresh coffee beans are thicker and richer in flavor due to the process called oxidation. Oxidation causes the oils, acids, and sugars in the beans to break down and forms solubles that are strong compared to store brought coffee beans.
Understanding coffee origins and carefully selecting the coffee:
Coffee comes from all parts of the world and this means its origin affects its thickness and flavor. Coffee beans that are from higher altitudes or volcanic regions taste better than other beans.
Best Recipes for Thick Coffee:
If you are someone who prefers their coffee to be thick and wants to explore more thick coffee recipes other than using an espresso machine, we got your back! We have listed two of the most popular and thick coffee recipes to try if you are craving some thick coffee recipes.
- Dalgona Coffee
- Vietnamese Egg Coffee
Both of these recipes are famous in multiple regions of the world and people enjoy them for their thickness, flavor, and visuals. We have elaborated the recipes down below for all thick coffee lovers;
Dalgona Coffee Recipe:
Ingredients required to make Dalgona Coffee,
- 2 tbsp of coffee
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of hot water
- milk and ice
To make your Dalgona Coffee, you need to start by adding the coffee, sugar, and hot water to a bowl. After adding the ingredients, whisk them with a coffee blender or manual beater until you can see a thick and creamy foam in the bowl.
Now add some ice cubes in a cup according to your preference and fill the 3/4 of the cup with milk and top the milk by pouring the creamy coffee that you blended in the bowl and voila, your Dalgona Coffee is ready.
Vietnamese Egg Coffee Recipe:
Ingredients to make Vietnamese Egg Coffee,
- Hot coffee
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sweetened condensed milk
To make your Vietnamese Egg Coffee, start adding egg yolks and condensed milk in a bowl. Now just like in the previous recipe, whisk the ingredients until the yolks are light, thick, and airy.
Lastly, pour the whisked egg over a cup of hot coffee. Bravo! enjoy your Vietnamese Egg Coffee. You can try these two recipes in all seasons to satisfy your coffee cravings without needing to add some over-the-top ingredients to make them taste good.
Amazing Homemade Creamer Alternatives to Add in Food:
If you are tired of spending your hard-earned money on the same artificial thickener, you can always try other healthier options to bring taste and life to your everyday food. By making your own homemade creamers you can always explore different possibilities and combinations of flavors without being exposed to multiple health issues.
We have listed a flavorful recipe for people looking to make homemade creamers. All these recipes are easy to make and can be stored.
The Basic Homemade Powdered Creamer:
If you are someone who prefers to add powdered creamers in their coffee and in other dishes, this homemade creamer will be your holy grail. It consists of simple ingredients that elevate its taste and texture.
Ingredients for Homemade Creamer;
- Coconut Milk Powder as a base
- Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla bean Powder
- Cinnamon and Pumpkin Pie Spice ( Optional)
Recipe of Homemade Creamer:
To start making your homemade powdered creamer, you need a food processor or a blender. Add ingredients of your choice to the blender such as cocoa powder and vanilla bean powder and pulse it with Coconut milk.
You can add sweeteners such as dates or coconut sugar to have a punch of sweetness in your drinks. Blend all the ingredients into a fine powder and give it a good shake to fully mix every ingredient
Now you can store this mixture of homemade powdered creamer in a cool dry place within a sealed jar or container to avoid the airflow which can easily expire the powdered creamer. You should store the creamer at room temperature to avoid any issues with its composition.
By now you might have understood how this simple ingredient can transform everyday dishes into a much tastier and more delicious version. If you are a fan of mac and cheese and want to try something new in the dish, try adding creamers to make it yummier for your tummy!
Both Mac and Cheese and Coffee have different roots in different cultures and regions of the world. Food items with this much diversity should be explored and tried with different ingredients to find the perfect sweet spot which satisfies your food cravings.
Try making different dishes with Creamers to explore multiple new methods of consuming your favorite dishes so that you can always have a creamy and thick richness of flavors in your food.